Hard water leaves hard mineral deposits (limescale) so hence the name hard water. As pipes and elements scale up energy costs go through the roof. See hard water damage in the image to the left.
Hard water also has a number of other effects:
- Limescaling of heating elements (increased heating costs)
- Stops soap studs forming
- Cleaning takes longer
- block your pipework and appliances
- destroy your shower and bath taps
- increase cleaning efforts
- devalue your home
- increase your energy bill by up to 55% – (see chart)
- increase your water bill
Just 1mm of limescale increases your bill and carbon footprint by 10%!
ONLY HALF the number of cleaning chemicals will be needed after installing an Aquabion to reduce hard water and prevent limescale buildup.