The Aquabion water conditioner helps prevent limescale build-up, while still maintaining drinkable water that still includes all the naturally occurring minerals.This page discusses the advantages and disadvantages of hard and artificially soft water.
Are there any benefits to hard water?
The benefits of hard water (yes, there are benefits!)
- Hard water will not deteriorate your pipes.
- Hard water is good to drink.
Disadvantages of hard water
- Hard water can block your pipes.
- You need lots more detergent to wash.
- Hard water decreases your appliances’ (like a washing machine, shower etc) lifespan.
- Cleaning is hard work
Benefits of soft water (or softened water)
- None of the disadvantages above.
Disadvantages of softening water (ie not naturally soft water)
- Potential corrosion problems in certain areas
- Biological risks in certain conditions
- Needs regular attention which often is forgotten about
- Normally the salt used impacts the environment through being mined, cleaned and transported to where it is needed.
- Used salt is discharged into the local rivers
Disadvantages of soft water
- Pipes can wear away prematurely.
- It can be difficult to rinse off detergent.
So in the hard water vs soft water debate, which is best?
Aquabion water of course! It doesn’t have the disadvantages of the hard water or soft water, and yet keeps most of the advantages of the hard water and soft water. You see Aquabion transforms the adhering lime into non-adhering lime. This removes all the disadvantages of hard water, without making artificially soft water.
So, order your Aquabion today and enjoy the benefits of Aquabion water tomorrow!